Webinar: Recurrent UTIs in Women: Ask the Guideline (2020)
Our ability to diagnose, treat, and manage rUTI has evolved due to additional insights into the pathophysiology of rUTI, a new appreciation for the adverse effects of antimicrobial therapy, rising rates of bacterial antimicrobial resistance, and improved reporting of the natural history and clinical outcomes of acute cystitis and rUTI. This course will review the new AUA guideline on recurrent UTIs in the index female patient. The guidelines encompass rUTI diagnosis, treatment, antibiotic and other methods of prophylaxis. The evidence supporting the guidelines will be presented in a case-based fashion. A treatment algorithm which includes the most current and safe antibiotic regimens will be provided. Faculty are all members of the AUA 2019 guideline panel and include urologists and an internist with expertise in Infectious Diseases.
Jennifer T. Anger, MD
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Toby C. Chai, MD
Chief of Urology, Boston Medical Center, Chair of the Department of Urology at Boston University School of Medicine
Una J. Lee, MD, FPMRS
Virginia Mason Hospital & Medical Center
Ann E. Stapleton, MD
Professor Emeritus of Medicine, University of Washington
- Advanced Practice Providers (Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants)
- Demonstrate knowledge of the evidence and rationale behind the 2019 recurrent UTI guidelines
- Formulatea treatment algorithm for recurrent UTIs in women
- Define the concept of antibiotic stewardship, treating patients with the safest methods possible, thereby avoiding collateral damage.
- Recognize the importance of shared decision making in recurrent UTI management.
Recurrent UTIs in Women: Ask the Guideline(2020) will be held virtually on Wednesday, June 3 at 8:00 pm.
- Click the "Register" tab.
- If prompted, click “update your profile”. Otherwise, click “Take Course.”
- Click "Participant Instructions" and then "Start".
Education Council Disclosures
AUA Office of Education Staff has nothing to disclose.
Faculty disclosures will be posted here prior to the start of the course.
The American Urological Association (AUA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Urological Association designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The AUA is not accredited to offer credit to participants who are not MDs or DOs. However, the AUA will issue documentation of participation that states that the activity was certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
EVIDENCE BASED CONTENT:
It is the policy of the AUA to ensure that the content contained in this CME activity is valid, fair, balanced, scientifically rigorous, and free of commercial bias.
AUA DISCLOSURE POLICY:
All persons in a position to control the content of an educational activity (i.e., activity planners, presenters, authors) are required to disclose to the provider any relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest. The AUA must determine if the individual’s relationships may influence the educational content and resolve any conflicts of interest prior to the commencement of the educational activity. The intent of this disclosure is not to prevent individuals with relevant financial relationships from participating, but rather to provide learners information with which they can make their own judgments.
RESOLUTION OF IDENTIFIED CONFLICT OF INTEREST:
All disclosures will be reviewed by the AUA Conflict of Interest (COI) Review Work Group for identification of conflicts of interest. The AUA COI Review Work Group, working with the program directors and/or editors, will document the mechanism(s) for management and resolution of the conflict of interest and final approval of the activity will be documented prior to implementation. Any of the mechanisms below can/will be used to resolve conflict of interest:
- Peer review for valid, evidence-based content of all materials associated with an educational activity by the course/program director, editor, and/or AUA COI Review Work Group.
- Limit content to evidence with no recommendations
- Introduction of a debate format with an unbiased moderator (point-counterpoint)
- Inclusion of moderated panel discussion
- Publication of a parallel or rebuttal article for an article that is felt to be biased
- Limit equipment representatives to providing logistics and operation support only in procedural demonstrations
- Divestiture of the relationship by faculty
OFF-LABEL OR UNAPPROVED USE OF DRUGS OR DEVICES:
The audience is advised that this continuing medical education activity may contain reference(s) to off-label or unapproved uses of drugs or devices. Please consult the prescribing information for full disclosure of approved uses.
AUA Participant Information and Policies
The opinions and recommendations expressed by faculty, authors and other experts whose input is included in this program are their own and do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of the AUA.
AUDIO, VIDEO AND PHOTOGRAPHIC EQUIPMENT:
The use of audio, video and other photographic recording equipment by attendees is prohibited inside AUA meetings.
Reproduction of written materials developed for this AUA course is prohibited without the written permission from individual authors and the American Urological Association.
SPECIAL ASSISTANCE/DIETARY NEEDS:
The AUA complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act §12112(a). If any participant is in need of special assistance or has any dietary restrictions, please see the registration desk.
- 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.50 Non-Physician Participation
Registration for this Live Webinar is complimentary to AUA Members. Not an AUA member? Join today!
On the day of your webinar, simply return here to AUAUniversity to access your webinar and follow the steps below. You will need your AUA ID Number and Password. You do not need to know the GoToWebinar access codes.
To join the webinar:
- Click on the TAKE COURSE button
- Review "Participant Instructions"
- Click “Start” under Live Webinar in the Course Progress pane.
- Click "Join Webinar".