What is an assessment? Why do we need them?
- An activity assessment is a basic requirement for accreditation
- AMA requires that all CME activities must provide learner assessment measuring achievement of the educational purpose and/or activity objective
- Assessment confirms the goals of the activity have been met
- The most commonly used assessment is the Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)
- Each MCQ should be directly tied to or support the learning objectives
The focus of this Module is the MCQ.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
1. Explain why assessments are needed, specifically Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
2. Identify the components of an MCQ – stem, responses, best answer, distractors – and best practices for each.
3. Develop strong MCQs that avoid common pitfalls.
4 .Develop MCQs that effectively assess the achievement of the learning objectives.
David B. Joseph MD, FACS, FAAP
Log in using your AUA SSO credentials.
Please click on "Take Course," then watch the video and complete the Attestation Form. If you complete the Attestation Form and click "Yes," you will be presumed to have watched the video in its entirety.
This is a free activity for AUA educators, so that they may understand the best practices for Educational Assessments. Your attendance will be recorded once you watch the video and complete the Attestation Form.