Course Director Development
It is the mission of the AUA Office of Education to provide the highest quality CME to its membership. Thanks to the contributions of Course Directors and Faculty, the AUA Office of Education is consistently recognized for the exceptional quality of its educational activities.
AUA Course Directors are chosen for their expertise in urology and a dedication to advancing the knowledge and skills of urologists and the urologic care team worldwide. We hope that this module can clarify what it means to be a Course Director of an accredited CME educational activity, including:
- Designing your activity
- Developing your content
- Choosing and communicating with Faculty
- Working with AUA to execute a successful activity
This Educator Development Program module is designed to outline the role and responsibilities of AUA Course Director, and provide best practices for Course Director tasks.
At the conclusion of this activity, learners will be able to:
1. Describe the scope of a Course Director role.
2. List the responsibilities of a Course Director.
3. Describe the keys to developing a successful educational activity - from application to outcomes.
4. Discuss the important factors to successful selection and communication with Faculty.
5. List the resources provided to Course Directors by AUA to support a successful activity.
Howard B. Goldman MD, FACS
Log in using your AUA SSO credentials.
Please click on "Take Course," then watch the video and complete the Attestation Form. If you complete the Attestation Form and click "Yes," you will be presumed to have watched the video in its entirety.
This is a free activity for AUA educators, so that they may understand the best practices for serving as an AUA Course Director. Your attendance will be recorded once you watch the video and complete the Attestation Form.