Writing A Successful Career Development Award Application (2018)
This educational activity is made possible with support from the Yemini Family Foundation and the Urology Care Foundation.
Introducing the AUA’s first online course designed specifically for researchers seeking NIH funding!
The "Writing A Successful Career Development Award Application" course is written by NIH-funded urology researchers and will help prepare early-career investigators to write competitive grant applications. While this course focuses on preparing an NIH Career Development Award application, the tips from established researchers with strong funding records are applicable to most career development-type award mechanisms. This new course will help guide you through preparation, submission, and resubmission of a competitive grant application and is an important investment in your career as an independent researcher.
The course includes four modules with over two hours of content plus helpful activities that provide guidance for:
- Developing critical grant writing skills that you can apply for the rest of your research career
- Writing strong Career Development and Research Plans that convince review panels to support your work
- Identifying and assembling the right mentorship team
- Revising an unfunded application for a successful resubmission
Improve your grant writing skills for research funding success and take the course today!
- Postdoctoral Fellows
- Medical Students
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Select an interesting and competitive research question to pursue and identify the right mentors for support
- Develop a comprehensive training plan
- Ensure that the research question focuses on a gap in current knowledge and provides experience that supports the training plan
- Restructure the application to increase competitiveness if the application does not receive a fundable score.
NOTE: This activity is a non-CME resource. CME is not awarded for this activity.