Self-Assessment Study Program SASP (2012) Credit
What is the SASP?
For 40 years, the AUA's Self-Assessment Study Program (SASP) has been a leading educational resource for urologists-in-training and practicing urologists. Developed each year, the SASP is a 150-question, multiple-choice practice examination that addresses the core curriculum of medical knowledge and latest advances in patient care. The SASP may be taken open or closed book, and provides correct answers with detailed answer rationales, and scientific references.
Why is the SASP the AUA's most popular study tool for exam preparation?
Constructed in the same style as the AUA and ABU's multiple-choice examinations—and offered in three convenient formats to meet your unique study preference—SASP is the AUA's most popular study tool for exam preparation. SASP provides participants their scores, the average scores of their peers, and access to answer commentary and scientific references, allowing participants to evaluate their strengths and weaknesses in various clinical areas and enrich their learning experience. Also, it is important to note that 20 – 30 percent of the content of the ABU Recertification Examination comes directly from SASP!
- Board Candidates
- Advanced Practice Providers
- Physician Assistants
After completing this activity, learners will be able to:
- Assess their knowledge of urology
- Demonstrate an increased knowledge base of urology
- Apply increased knowledge to improve the quality of patient care
- Evaluate strengths and weaknesses in urology upon review of their personalized participant profile
- Develop a personalized study program to improve their foundation of knowledge
- Discuss core knowledge of urology necessary for the ABU's Qualifying and Recertification Examinations
Accreditation: The American Urological Association (AUA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The AUA takes responsibility for the content, quality, and scientific integrity of this CME activity.
Credit Designation Statement: The American Urological Association designates this educational activity for a maximum of 20.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Each physician should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Original Release Date: January 2012
Expiration Date: December 2015
Estimated time for study, test completion, and reference reading for each SASP is 20 hours.
- 20.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 20.00 Non-Physician Participation