The Role of PARP Inhibitors in Advanced Prostate Cancer Webcast (2023)
Based on the documented need from the most recent AUA needs assessment in advanced prostate cancer, this symposium will address the role of PARP Inhibitor treatment, as well as evidence and outcomes of PARP Inhibitors as outlined in the newly amended Advanced Prostate Cancer: AUA/ASTRO/SUO Guideline.
This educational activity is supported by an independent educational grant from:
- Pfizer, Inc.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Review recommended criteria for genetic testing of prostate cancer patients and how to interpret these tests.
- Explain the role of the enzyme poly ADP ribose polymerase (PARP) in carcinogenesis as well as the mechanism of PARP inhibition for cancer treatment.
- Describe the role of PARP Inhibitor treatment alone and in combination with androgen receptor targeted therapies.
- Review the evidence and outcomes on PARP Inhibitors as outlined in the newly amended Advanced Prostate Cancer: AUA/SUO Guideline.
- Discuss clinical trial data assessing the efficacy of PARP inhibitors in advanced prostate cancer, including patient populations and clinical outcomes for each trial.
|Name||Company Name||Relationship Type||End Date|
|Davis, Nancy B.||AstraZeneca||Scientific Study or Trial||Current|
|Davis, Nancy B.||Hoffman-LaRoche||Scientific Study or Trial||Current|
|Davis, Nancy B.||Pfizer||Scientific Study or Trial||Current|
|Davis, Nancy B.||Merck||Scientific Study or Trial||Current|
|Davis, Nancy B.||Incyte||Scientific Study or Trial||05/21/2021|
|Davis, Nancy B.||Mirati Therapeutics||Scientific Study or Trial||11/10/2022|
|Davis, Nancy B.||Calithera Biosciences||Scientific Study or Trial||Current|
|Davis, Nancy B.||Taris Biomedical||Scientific Study or Trial||12/31/2021|
|Davis, Nancy B.||Immunomedics||Scientific Study or Trial||Current|
|Davis, Nancy B.||Bristol Myers Squibb||Scientific Study or Trial||Current|
|Davis, Nancy B.||Janssen||Consultant or Advisor||Current|
|Davis, Nancy B.||Gilead||Scientific Study or Trial||Current|
|Davis, Nancy B.||Exelixis||Scientific Study or Trial||Current|
|Ross, Ashley E.||GenomeDx Biosciences||Consultant or Advisor||Current|
|Ross, Ashley E.||Janssen||Consultant or Advisor||Current|
|Ross, Ashley E.||Pfizer||Consultant or Advisor||Current|
|Ross, Ashley E.||Blue Earth||Consultant or Advisor||Current|
|Ross, Ashley E.||Tempus||Consultant or Advisor||Current|
|Ross, Ashley E.||Bayer||Consultant or Advisor||Current|
|Ross, Ashley E.||Myovant||Consultant or Advisor||Current|
|Ross, Ashley E.||Astellas||Consultant or Advisor||Current|
|Ross, Ashley E.||Veracyte||Consultant or Advisor||Current|
|Ross, Ashley E.||Lantheus||Consultant or Advisor||Current|
|Scarpato, Kristen R.||None|
EDUCATION COUNCIL DISCLOSURES:
Education Council Disclosures_2022.pdf
COI REVIEW WORKGROUP DISCLOSURES:
COI Review Work Group Disclosures_2023_0.pdf
AUA Office of Education Staff has nothing to disclose.
All relevant financial relationships have been mitigated.
METHOD OF PARTICIPATION:
Learners will participate in this online educational activity by view the webcast and completing the post-test and evaluation. To claim CME credit for this enduring material, learners must complete the post-test, passing with 80% accuracy, and submit the program evaluation.
Estimated time to complete this activity: 1.5 hours
Release Date: May, 2023
Expiration Date: May, 2024
The American Urological Association (AUA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Urological Association designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The AUA is not accredited to offer credit to participants who are not MDs or DOs. However, the AUA will issue documentation of participation that states that the activity was certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
EVIDENCE BASED CONTENT:
It is the policy of the AUA to ensure that the content contained in this CME activity is valid, fair, balanced, scientifically rigorous, and free of commercial bias.
AUA DISCLOSURE POLICY:
All persons in a position to control the content of an educational activity (i.e., activity planners, presenters, authors) are required to disclose to the provider any relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest. The AUA must determine if the individual’s relationships may influence the educational content and resolve any conflicts of interest prior to the commencement of the educational activity. The intent of this disclosure is not to prevent individuals with relevant financial relationships from participating, but rather to provide learners information with which they can make their own judgments.
RESOLUTION OF IDENTIFIED CONFLICT OF INTEREST:
All disclosures will be reviewed by the program/course directors or editors for identification of conflicts of interest. Peer reviewers, working with the program directors and/or editors, will document the mechanism(s) for management and resolution of the conflict of interest and final approval of the activity will be documented prior to implementation. Any of the mechanisms below can/will be used to resolve conflict of interest:
- Peer review for valid, evidence-based content of all materials associated with an educational activity by the course/program director, editor, and/or Education Content Review Committee or its subgroup.
- Limit content to evidence with no recommendations
- Introduction of a debate format with an unbiased moderator (point-counterpoint)
- Inclusion of moderated panel discussion
- Publication of a parallel or rebuttal article for an article that is felt to be biased
- Limit equipment representatives to providing logistics and operation support only in procedural demonstrations
- Divestiture of the relationship by faculty
OFF-LABEL OR UNAPPROVED USE OF DRUGS OR DEVICES:
The audience is advised that this continuing medical education activity may contain reference(s) to off-label or unapproved uses of drugs or devices. Please consult the prescribing information for full disclosure of approved uses.
- 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.50 Non-Physician Participation