Application of the Advanced Prostate Cancer: AUA/ASTRO/SUO Guideline in Clinical Practice Podcast (2022)
To further address the educational gaps identified in the AUA oncology educational needs assessments, the AUA has developed eight new episodes for the AUAUniversity podcast. The 2022 AUA Expert Exchange Podcast: Discussions in GU Cancer is designed to address very specific learning opportunities and reach the urologic practitioners in an easy, flexible way with smaller, targeted updates. This activity will focus on the following topic:
Application of Advanced Prostate Cancer: AUA/ASTRO/SUO Guideline in Clinical Practice
This series is supported by independent educational grants from:
Janssen Biotech, Inc., administered by Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC
Lantheus Medical Imaging
Merck & Co., Inc.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Interpret the evidence and outcomes on the treatment of M0 HSPC, M1 HSPC, MO CRPC and M1 CRPC as outlined in the newly updated AUA Advanced Prostate Cancer Guideline encompassing metastatic HSPC and CRPC disease.
- Improve diagnostic and therapeutic decision-making processes by illustrating the application of these guidelines in urological practice.
EDUCATION COUNCIL DISCLOSURES
COI REVIEW WORK GROUP DISCLOSURES
AUA Office of Education Staff has nothing to disclose.
All relevant financial relationships have been mitigated.
METHOD OF PARTICIPATION:
Learners will participate in this online educational activity by listening to the podcast and completing the post-test and evaluation. To claim CME credit for this enduring material, learners must complete the post-test, passing with 80% accuracy, and submit the program evaluation.
Estimated time to complete this activity: 0.50 hours
Release Date: October, 2022
Expiration Date: October, 2023
The American Urological Association (AUA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Urological Association designates this enduring material for a maximum of 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The AUA is not accredited to offer credit to participants who are not MDs or DOs. However, the AUA will issue documentation of participation that states that the activity was certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
EVIDENCE BASED CONTENT:
It is the policy of the AUA to ensure that the content contained in this CME activity is valid, fair, balanced, scientifically rigorous, and free of commercial bias.
AUA DISCLOSURE POLICY:
All persons in a position to control the content of an educational activity (i.e., activity planners, presenters, authors) are required to disclose to the provider any relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest. The AUA must determine if the individual’s relationships may influence the educational content and resolve any conflicts of interest prior to the commencement of the educational activity. The intent of this disclosure is not to prevent individuals with relevant financial relationships from participating, but rather to provide learners information with which they can make their own judgments.
RESOLUTION OF IDENTIFIED CONFLICT OF INTEREST:
All disclosures will be reviewed by the program/course directors or editors for identification of conflicts of interest. Peer reviewers, working with the program directors and/or editors, will document the mechanism(s) for management and resolution of the conflict of interest and final approval of the activity will be documented prior to implementation. Any of the mechanisms below can/will be used to resolve conflict of interest:
- Peer review for valid, evidence-based content of all materials associated with an educational activity by the course/program director, editor, and/or Education Content Review Committee or its subgroup.
- Limit content to evidence with no recommendations
- Introduction of a debate format with an unbiased moderator (point-counterpoint)
- Inclusion of moderated panel discussion
- Publication of a parallel or rebuttal article for an article that is felt to be biased
- Limit equipment representatives to providing logistics and operation support only in procedural demonstrations
- Divestiture of the relationship by faculty
OFF-LABEL OR UNAPPROVED USE OF DRUGS OR DEVICES:
The audience is advised that this continuing medical education activity may contain reference(s) to off-label or unapproved uses of drugs or devices. Please consult the prescribing information for full disclosure of approved uses.
- 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 0.50 Non-Physician Participation