79th Annual Meeting of the Mid-Atlantic Section of the AUA (2021)
The 79th Annual Meeting of the Mid-Atlantic Section of the AUA (MA-AUA) held from October 14 – 16, 2021 at the Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center (National Harbor, MD) highlights the work of medical students, residents, allied health professionals, and urologists (both within our section and from around the country).
- Advanced Practice Provider (Nurse Practitioners & Physician Assistants)
- Non-Urologist (MD or DO)
- Medical Student
- Practice Manager
After attending this meeting, participants will be able to:
- Distinguish causes of low testosterone and outline management strategies
- Describe various percutaneous approaches in Endourology
- Determine the indications for semen analysis in the evaluation of male infertility
- Recognize treatment challenges in Endourology following the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Evaluate the Impact of Telehealth on Access, Costs and Quality of Urologic Care
- Recognize the significance of patient outcomes on shaping clinical practice
- Assess the use of varying imaging modalities to better characterize renal tumors
- Demonstrate applications of robotic surgery for urologic reconstruction
- Infer optimal patient selection for innovative procedure in urinary incontinence
- Appraise treatment options for primary and secondary overactive bladder
- Categorize causes of Recurrent UTI in Women
- Apply coaching and mentoring strategies to career development
- Compare management strategies for localized and metastatic kidney cancer
- Characterize BCG Unresponsive Non-muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer and Surgical Outcomes
- Describe contemporary Surgical Management of High-Risk Prostate Cancer
- Differentiate intraoperative strategies to prevent and manage surgical complications
Planning Committee Disclosures
Abstract Presenter Disclosures
COI Review Work Group Disclosures
All relevant disclosures have been mitigated.
AUA ACCREDITATION INFORMATION
Accreditation: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the American Urological Association (AUA) and Mid-Atlantic Section of the AUA. The AUA is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation: The American Urological Association designates this live activity for a maximum of 22.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Learners: The AUA is not accredited to offer credit to participants who are not MDs or DOs. However, the AUA will issue documentation of participation that states that the activity was certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
Evidence Based Content: It is the policy of the AUA to ensure that the content contained in this CME activity is valid, fair, balanced, scientifically rigorous, and free of commercial bias.
AUA Disclosure Policy: All persons in a position to control the content of an educational activity (i.e., activity planners, presenters, authors) are required to disclose to the provider any relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest. The AUA must determine if the individual’s relationships may influence the educational content and resolve any conflicts of interest prior to the commencement of the educational activity. The intent of this disclosure is not to prevent individuals with relevant financial relationships from participating, but rather to provide learners information with which they can make their own judgments.
Mitigation of Identified Conflict of Interest: All disclosures will be reviewed by the AUA Conflict of Interest (COI) Review Work Group Chair and/or Vice Chair for identification of conflicts of interest. The AUA COI Review Work Group, working with Office of Education staff, will document the mechanism(s) for management and mitigation of the conflict of interest and final approval of the activity will be documented prior to implementation. Any of the mechanisms below can/will be used to mitigate conflict of interest:
- Peer review for valid, evidence-based content by the AUA COI Review Work Group.
- Limit content to evidence with no recommendations
- Introduction of a debate format with an unbiased moderator (point-counterpoint)
- Inclusion of moderated panel discussion
- Publication of a parallel or rebuttal article for an article that is felt to be biased
- Limit equipment representatives to providing logistics and operation support only in procedural demonstrations
- Divestiture of the relationship by faculty
- Selection of alternative faculty for specific topic
Off-label or Unapproved Use of Drugs or Devices: The audience is advised that this continuing medical education activity may contain reference(s) to off-label or unapproved uses of drugs or devices. Please consult the prescribing information for full disclosure of approved uses.
AUA PARTICIPANT INFORMATION & POLICIES
Disclaimer: The opinions and recommendations expressed by faculty, authors and other experts whose input is included in this program are their own and do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of the AUA.
Consent to Use of Photographic Images: Attendance at or participation in AUA meetings and other activities constitutes an agreement by the registrant to AUA's use and distribution (both now and in the future) of the attendee's image or voice in photographs and electronic reproductions of such meetings and activities.
Audio, Video and Photographic Equipment: The use of audio, video and other photographic recording equipment by attendees is prohibited inside AUA meeting rooms.
Reproduction Permission: Reproduction of written materials developed for this AUA course is prohibited without the written permission from individual authors and the American Urological Association.
Special Assistance/Dietary Needs: The AUA complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act §12112(a). If any participant is in need of special assistance or has any dietary restrictions, please see the registration desk.
- 22.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 22.00 Non-Physician Participation