2020 Self-Assessment Study Program (SASP) Booklet
Save up to 50%
The SASP is the AUA’s most popular study tool for exam preparation!
For over 40 years, the AUA's Self-Assessment Study Program (SASP) has been a leading educational resource for urologists-in-training and practicing urologists. Developed each year, the SASP is a 150-question, multiple-choice practice examination that addresses the core curriculum of medical knowledge and latest advances in patient care. The SASP may be taken open or closed book, and provides correct answers with detailed answer rationales, and scientific references.
Why is the SASP the AUA's most popular study tool for exam preparation?
Constructed in the same style as the AUA and ABU's multiple-choice examinations—and offered in three convenient formats to meet your unique study preference—SASP is the AUA's most popular study tool for exam preparation. SASP provides participants their scores, the average scores of their peers, and access to answer commentary and scientific references, allowing participants to evaluate their strengths and weaknesses in various clinical areas and enrich their learning experience. Also, it is important to note that over 30% of the content of the ABU Life Long Learning Knowledge Assessment comes directly from SASP!
The SASP offers up to 20 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ each year.
|Format||Sale Price*||List Price||Savings|
|2020 Booklet||$184||$306||40% off!|
*Sale ends on September 30, 2020. Limited quantities available and while product lasts.
- Board Candidates
- Advanced Practice Providers
- Physician Assistants
After completing this activity, learners will be able to:
- Assess their knowledge of urology.
- Demonstrate an increased knowledge base of urology.
- Apply increased knowledge to improve the quality of patient care.
- Evaluate strengths and weaknesses in urology upon review of their personalized participant profile.
- Develop a personalized study program to improve their foundation of knowledge.
- Discuss core knowledge of urology necessary for the ABU's Qualifying and Life Long Learning Examinations.
CME CREDITS EXPIRATION:
Please note: CME Credits expire after three years of original release date. Answers must be submitted by the CME credits expiration deadline to receive credit for that year. Refer to CME expiration table below:
|CME Credits Expiration Date|
|2020 SASP||December 31, 2022|
|2019 SASP||December 31, 2021|
|2018 SASP||December 31, 2020|
|2017 and prior years||Not eligible for CME credits.|
The American Urological Association (AUA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Urological Association designates this live activity for a maximum of 20.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The AUA is not accredited to offer credit to participants who are not MDs or DOs. However, the AUA will issue documentation of participation that states that the activity was certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
EVIDENCE BASED CONTENT:
It is the policy of the AUA to ensure that the content contained in this CME activity is valid, fair, balanced, scientifically rigorous, and free of commercial bias.
AUA DISCLOSURE POLICY:
All persons in a position to control the content of an educational activity (i.e., activity planners, presenters, authors) are required to disclose to the provider any relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest. The AUA must determine if the individual’s relationships may influence the educational content and resolve any conflicts of interest prior to the commencement of the educational activity. The intent of this disclosure is not to prevent individuals with relevant financial relationships from participating, but rather to provide learners information with which they can make their own judgments.
RESOLUTION OF IDENTIFIED CONFLICT OF INTEREST:
All disclosures will be reviewed by the program/course directors or editors for identification of conflicts of interest. Peer reviewers, working with the program directors and/or editors, will document the mechanism(s) for management and resolution of the conflict of interest and final approval of the activity will be documented prior to implementation. Any of the mechanisms below can/will be used to resolve conflict of interest:
- Peer review for valid, evidence-based content of all materials associated with an educational activity by the course/program director, editor, and/or Education Content Review Committee or its subgroup.
- Limit content to evidence with no recommendations
- Introduction of a debate format with an unbiased moderator (point-counterpoint)
- Inclusion of moderated panel discussion
- Publication of a parallel or rebuttal article for an article that is felt to be biased
- Limit equipment representatives to providing logistics and operation support only in procedural demonstrations
- Divestiture of the relationship by faculty
OFF-LABEL OR UNAPPROVED USE OF DRUGS OR DEVICES:
The audience is advised that this continuing medical education activity may contain reference(s) to off-label or unapproved uses of drugs or devices. Please consult the prescribing information for full disclosure of approved uses.
Reproduction Permission: The material contained in this examination is protected under U.S. Copyright law. Duplication of any part of this examination by any means including, but not limited to, photographic reproduction is a FEDERAL OFFENSE.
Disclaimer: The opinions and recommendations expressed by faculty, authors and other experts whose input is included in this program are their own and do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of the AUA.
Participants will receive a SASP booklet, answer sheet, and return envelope with cardboard insert.
In order to be awarded credit and a certificate, learners must:
- Read the educational material provided.
- Designate answers for each of the 150 multiple-choice questions on the provided answer sheet, answering 50% of the test questions correctly.
- Return the answer sheet with cardboard insert in the pre-addressed return envelope to the AUA Office of Education.
- Answer sheets received by the Friday of each week will be awarded CME credit the following Monday.
- Print your certificate.
- Login to AUAUniversity with your AUA ID and password.
- Click on the My Transcripts Tab at the top of the page.
- Select Self-Assessment Study Program SASP (2020).
Reproduction Permission: The material contained in this examination is protected under U.S. Copyright law. Duplication of any part of this examination by any means including, but not limited to, photographic reproduction is a Federal Offense.