AUA Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer (CRPC) Guideline Amendment - August (2018)
Complimentary CME Webinar!
TWO DATES, TWO CONVENIENT TIMES
Tuesday, August 14, 2018 | 7:00 - 8:00 p.m. ET
This page is for registration to the August 14, 2018 webinar:
To encourage consistent, high quality, evidence-based treatment of patients with Non-Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer (nmCRPC), the AUA and Urology Care Foundation are producing a series of online activities and educational resources for healthcare professionals, patients and caregivers. One of those such activities is this complimentary AUA Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer Guideline Amendment webinar.
This 60-minute, knowledge-based, live webinar is offered at two different dates and times for the learner's convenience. The goal of this complimentary webinar is to improve clinicians’ understanding of the 2018 update to the 2013 AUA Guidelines on CRPC. During this webinar, expert Faculty will:
- Explore the rigorous process used in the development of these evidence-based guidelines.
- Discuss new developments and future research needs for this topic.
- Showcase clinical scenarios in urological practice and the correct application of the new AUA guidelines in those instances.
This educational series is supported by an independent educational grant from:
- Astellas and Pfizer Inc.
- Advanced Practice Provider
- Non-Urologist (MD or DO)
- This activity may also be of interest to other clinicians and health care professionals involved in the treatment of patients impacted by CRPC
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Identify the active agents and their mechanism of action in the management of nmCRPC.
- Analyze the evidence and outcomes on the treatment of CRPC as outlined in the AUA guidelines and subsequent amendments.
- Improve diagnostic and therapeutic decision making processes by illustrating the application of these guidelines in urological practice.
- Facilitate discussions with patients and caregivers regarding nmCRPC treatment options.
- View the 2018 Amendment to the 2013 AUA CRPC Guideline
- Patient Education Materials:
Tuesday, August 14, 2018
7:00 - 7:05 p.m. Welcome - Michael S. Cookson, MD, MMHC, FACS
7:05 - 7:10 p.m. Pre-Test - Michael S. Cookson, MD, MMHC, FACS
7:10 - 7:30 p.m. M0 CRPC: Emerging Treatment Options - Matthew J. Resnick, MD, MPH, MMHC
7:30 - 7:50 p.m. Review of the AUA CRPC Guidelines - William K. Oh, MD
7:50 - 8:00 p.m. Post-Test - Michael S. Cookson, MD, MMHC, FACS
AUA Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer (CRPC) Guideline Amendment - August (2018) is the first of two offerings of this complimentary webinar. This first offering will be held on Tuesday, August 14, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. ET.
1) Click the "Register" tab.
2) If prompted, click “update your profile”. Otherwise, click “Take Course”.
3) Click "Participant Instructions" and then "Start". You will then be provided with full details on how to access the audio and web (video) components of the webinar.
This webinar will be conducted via Adobe Connect with a toll-free teleconference available for the audio component. Participants only need a standard web browser to participate. Please plan to join this session 15 minutes early to ensure that you are able to access the virtual classroom.
You may test your system ahead of time by clicking here.
AUA ACCREDITATION INFORMATION
The American Urological Association (AUA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Urological Association designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The AUA is not accredited to offer credit to participants who are not MDs or DOs. However, the AUA will issue documentation of participation that states that the activity was certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
Evidence Based Content
It is the policy of the AUA to ensure that the content contained in this CME activity is valid, fair, balanced, scientifically rigorous, and free of commercial bias.
AUA Disclosure Policy
All persons in a position to control the content of an educational activity (i.e., activity planners, presenters, authors) are required to disclose to the provider any relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest. The AUA must determine if the individual’s relationships may influence the educational content and resolve any conflicts of interest prior to the commencement of the educational activity. The intent of this disclosure is not to prevent individuals with relevant financial relationships from participating, but rather to provide learners information with which they can make their own judgments.
Resolution of Identified Conflict of Interest
All disclosures will be reviewed by the program/course directors or editors for identification of conflicts of interest. Peer reviewers, working with the program directors and/or editors, will document the mechanism(s) for management and resolution of the conflict of interest and final approval of the activity will be documented prior to implementation. Any of the mechanisms below can/will be used to resolve conflict of interest:
- Peer review for valid, evidence‐based content of all materials associated with an educational activity by the course/program director, editor, and/or Education Content Review Committee or its subgroup.
- Limit content to evidence with no recommendations
- Introduction of a debate format with an unbiased moderator (point‐counterpoint)
- Inclusion of moderated panel discussion
- Publication of a parallel or rebuttal article for an article that is felt to be biased
- Limit equipment representatives to providing logistics and operation support only
- in procedural demonstrations
- Divestiture of the relationship by faculty
Off‐label or Unapproved Use of Drugs or Devices
The audience is advised that this continuing medical education activity may contain reference(s) to off‐label or unapproved uses of drugs or devices. Please consult the prescribing information for full disclosure of approved uses.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 Non-Physician Participation