AUAUniversity Podcast Series: Episode No. 230
Disparities in Care and Barriers to Access for Patients with Advanced Prostate Cancer
CME Available: https://auau.auanet.org/node/39088
At the conclusion of these activities, participants will be able to:
1. Recognize current patterns of use for systemic therapies in patients with advanced prostate cancer.
2. Identify disparities in access to care with respect to advanced prostate cancer treatment (ie. race, geography, socioeconomics).
3. Understand opportunities to improve quality and compliance with ADT treatment across different treatment populations.
4. Appreciate financial challenges that may be associated with current therapy options for advanced prostate cancer.
5. Apply treatment approaches that improve patient adherence to ADT including use of oral and parenteral therapies.
This series is supported by independent educational grants from:
Myovant Sciences LTD
Benjamin, D.J., Shrestha, A., Fellman, D. et al. Hormonal treatment for newly diagnosed metastatic prostate cancer: a population-based study from the California cancer registry. Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis (2023). doi.org/10.1038/s41391-023-00732-9
Cortese BD, Dusetzina SB, Al Hussein Al Awamlh B, Penson DF, Chang SS, Barocas DA, Luckenbaugh AN, Scarpato KR, Moses KA, Talwar R. Estimating the Impact of the Inflation Reduction Act on the Out-of-Pocket Costs for Medicare Beneficiaries With Advanced Prostate Cancer. Urol Pract. 2023 Sep;10(5):476-483. doi: 10.1097/UPJ.0000000000000425. Epub 2023 Jul 3. PMID: 37409930.