AUAUniversity Podcast Series: Episode No. 229
Systemic Therapies for Advanced Prostate Cancer – Short and Long-Term Side Effects
CME Available: https://auau.auanet.org/node/39087
At the conclusion of these activities, participants will be able to:
1. Characterize current treatment paradigm for systemic therapies in managing advanced prostate cancer including doublet and triple therapy.
2. Identify short and long-term side effects of ADT and novel hormonal treatments for advanced prostate cancer including cardiovascular, bone health, and metabolic risk.
3. Recognize strategies to monitor and manage side effects of ADT and novel hormonal treatments.
4. Understand adverse effects of newer agents for advanced prostate cancer including PARP inhibitors, immunotherapy, and theranostics.
5. Review management options for adverse effects of newer agents for advanced prostate cancer.
This series is supported by independent educational grants from:
Myovant Sciences LTD
1. Association of androgen deprivation therapy with cardiovascular death in patients with prostate cancer: a meta-analysis of randomized trials. JAMA 2011;306:2359-2366.
2. NCCN Guidelines for prostate cancer. Version 4.2023. www.nccn.org
3. Lowrance W, Dreicer R, Jarrard DF, et al. Updates to advanced prostate cancer: AUA/SUO guideline (2023). J Urol. 2023;209(6):1082-1090.