AUAUniversity Podcast Series: Episode No. 215
Global Advancements in Bladder Cancer
CME Available: https://auau.auanet.org/node/38615
Release Date: June, 2023
Expiration Date: June, 2024
This educational series is supported by an independent educational grant from AstraZeneca.
After participating in this educational series, participants will be able to:
1. Delineate key factors to risk stratify patients with NMIBC and MIBC.
2. Review guidelines focused on first‐ and second‐line therapies for NMIBC and MIBC.
3. Describe emerging treatment options with intravesical and systemic therapies for patients in an era of BCG shortage and for patients with BCG unresponsive disease and determine the appropriate timing and use of neoadjuvant and adjuvant systemic therapy for invasive bladder cancer.
4. Identify side effects and possible interventions to ameliorate side effects for these therapies.
5. Recognize the urologist’s role in clinical trials and how to overcome obstacles to clinical trial enrollment.