AUAUniversity Podcast Series: Episode No. 209
AUA2023: Contemporary Pharmacotherapy for OAB 2023
CME Available: auau.auanet.org/node/38282
Independent educational grant support provided by:
Urovant Sciences, Inc.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
1. Define the similarities and differences between the various oral pharmacotherapies for OAB.
2. Review the principles of physiology and pharmacotherapy for currently available agents, including the antimuscarinics and beta3 agonists and combination therapy.
3. Explain the importance of setting proper patient expectations regarding treatment of OAB and the potential need for sequential and even additive therapies.
4. Analyze the clinical (and theoretical) advantages and limitations of currently available agents.
5. Discuss potential future pharmacological pathways and therapies for OAB.