AUAUniversity Podcast Series: Episode No. 208
The Role of PARP Inhibitors in Advanced Prostate Cancer
CME Available: https://auau.auanet.org/node/38241
Expiration Date: May, 2024
Based on the documented need from the most recent AUA needs assessment in advanced prostate cancer, this symposium will address the role of PARP Inhibitor treatment, as well as evidence and outcomes of PARP Inhibitors as outlined in the newly amended Advanced Prostate Cancer: AUA/ASTRO/SUO Guideline.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
1. Review recommended criteria for genetic testing of prostate cancer patients and how to interpret these tests.
2. Explain the role of the enzyme poly ADP ribose polymerase (PARP) in carcinogenesis as well as the mechanism of PARP inhibition for cancer treatment.
3. Describe the role of PARP Inhibitor treatment alone and in combination with androgen receptor targeted therapies.
4. Review the evidence and outcomes on PARP Inhibitors as outlined in the newly amended Advanced Prostate Cancer: AUA/SUO Guideline.
5. Discuss clinical trial data assessing the efficacy of PARP inhibitors in advanced prostate cancer, including patient populations and clinical outcomes for each trial.
This educational activity is supported by independent educational grants from: