AUAUniversity Podcast Series: Episode No. 206
Live From AUA2023: Highlights in Advanced Prostate Cancer
Live from AUA2023: Highlights in Advanced Prostate Cancer is a panel discussion filmed during the 2023 AUA Annual Meeting!
CME Available: auau.auanet.org/node/38002
This activity is designed to increase the urologist’s understanding of how to translate the latest scientific advances into their routine clinical practice, improving the care of patients with advanced prostate cancer. Faculty will review the latest advances in prostate cancer including the many new FDA-approved agents, as well as existing standard therapies. Urologists will gain the ability to translate the latest scientific advances into their routine clinical practice, improving the care of men with advanced prostate cancer.
At the conclusion of the activity, participants will be able to:
1. Describe recent developments in the medical management of advanced prostate cancer.
2. Identify the active agents and their mechanism of action in the management of mHSPC, nmCRPC and mCRPC.
3. Discuss clinical investigations in the treatment of advanced prostate cancer.
4. Analyze the risks and benefits of treatment for advanced prostate cancer.
5. Identify the criteria for genetic and genomic testing and utilize the results to improve outcomes among patients with advanced prostate cancer.
This educational activity is supported by independent educational grants from:
Astellas and Pfizer, Inc.
Merck & Co., Inc.