AUAUniversity Podcast Series: Episode No. 90
Metastatic Hormone Sensitive Prostate Cancer - Expert Guidance For Urologists
This educational series is supported by independent educational grants from: Astellas, Janssen Biotech, Inc., administered by Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC and Pfizer, Inc.
In 2020, the Advanced Prostate Cancer: AUA/ASTRO/SUO Guideline was released and will provide critical guidance as the management of advanced prostate cancer patients continues to expand.
To increase urologists understanding of how to translate the latest scientific advances and the Advanced Prostate Cancer: AUA/ASTRO/SUO Guideline into their clinical practice, the featured 60-minute panel discussion includes a thorough discussion of new trials and approval of agents directed at the androgen axis for treatment of mHSPC. Faculty will highlight the management of patients with advanced prostate cancer and how therapeutic options have been incorporated into evidence-based guidelines.
At the conclusion of the activity, participants will be able to:
- Identify the active agents and their mechanism of action in the management of metastatic hormone sensitive prostate cancer (mHSPC).
- Review the evidence and outcomes on the treatment of mHSPC as outlined in the newly released Advanced Prostate Cancer: AUA/ASTRO/SUO Guideline.
- Improve diagnostic and therapeutic decision making processes by illustrating the application of these guidelines in urological practice.
- Analyze breakthrough treatments in the management of advanced and mHSPC.
- Describe the indications and combinations for treatment with approved agents in the management of mHSPC.
Course Director: Todd Morgan, MD
Faculty: Ana Aparicio, MD
Alejandro Berlin, MD,MSc
Kelvin Moses, MD, PHD