AUAUniversity Podcast Series: Episode No. 65
Summer School: Understanding The Evidence New Technologies For Treating BPH & LUTS 2020
This course will assist Urologists and Allied staff in understanding the evidence-base and the clinical role of the newly-introduced techniques for treating BPH and LUTs. The technology behind each will be reviewed and the quality of the data supporting each will be examined with emphasis placed on the Pivotal trials and their methodology. The current Guidelines will be reviewed and a practical discussion of the peri-operative considerations and tips and tricks for the use of each will be covered.
Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Differentiate between each of the new technologies for treating BPH/LUTS both based on mode-of-action and the quality of supporting evidence.
- Describe the features expected of a Pivotal Trial for BPH Medical Devices and be able to compare and contrast the findings of these trials for each of the current devices.
- Discuss the evidence base for current technologies, including pivotal studies, and be able to define the role and clinical expectation for each.
- Upon completion, participants will be able to interpret the current clinical results and the patient experiences of these treatments in relation to more established and even abandoned treatments for patient groups with similar characteristics.
- Upon completion, participants will also be able to cite and describe treatments undergoing development for BPH/LUTS.