AUAUniversity Podcast Series: Episode No. 167
AUA2022: Diagnosis And Management Of Localized, Locally Advanced And Advanced Kidney Cancer
Diagnosis and Management of Localized, Locally Advanced and Advanced Kidney Cancer (2022)
CME Available: auau.auanet.org/node/36089
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Differentiate among the subtypes of kidney cancer, with emphasis on clinical management decisions, and outline ways in which knowledge of kidney cancer subtypes can alter surgical approach.
2. Apply advanced strategies for partial nephrectomy for patients with endophytic, hilar and multiple tumors including role of warm ischemia, intraoperative ultrasound, techniques for hemostatic control, the role of off-clamp and selective hilar clamping, the use of the retroperitoneal approach and methods for renorrhaphy.
3. Employ techniques for management of large and/or locally advanced tumors including management of renal vein or inferior vena cava invasion and the use of lymphadenectomy.
4. Identify the role of cytoreductive nephrectomy and/or resection of metastatic foci in patients with advanced disease.
5. Identify new and emerging targeted therapy and immuno-oncology options for patients with locally advanced and advanced kidney cancer and the role of adjuvant therapy.