AUAUniversity Podcast Series: Episode No. 156
AUA2022: Difficult Cases in High-Risk Bladder Cancer: An Evidence-Based Approach
CME Available: auau.auanet.org/node/36020
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Identify low, intermediate and high risk non-muscle invasive bladder cancer (NMIBC)
2. Recommend treatment for NMIBC based on risk stratification.
3. Identify bacillus Calmette-Guérin (BCG) unresponsive NMIBC and novel immune-based strategies and intravesical therapies.
4. Manage invasive bladder cancer including surgery, neoadjuvant and adjuvant chemotherapy and bladder preservation strategies in patients with muscle invasive bladder cancer. This will include chemotherapy indications and the role of immunotherapy in the management.
5. Manage upper tract tumors, both low grade and high grade, including renal preservation when appropriate, neoadjuvant therapy when indicated and surgical management strategies.