AUAUniversity Podcast Series: Episode No. 155
AUA2022: The Changing Face of Advanced Prostate Cancer 2022
CME Available: auau.auanet.org/node/36010
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Identify and treat a patient with new diagnosed M1 prostate cancer with androgen deprivation therapy (ADT) plus be able to offer additional therapies that extend survival.
2. Recognize high volume new M1 prostate cancer to be able to refer to a genitourinary (GU) medical oncologist for systemic chemotherapy.
3. Diagnose M0 metastatic CRPC and educate patients about using novel oral AR targeted therapeutics added to traditional ADT as a way to improve their patient's overall and radiographic progression-free survival.
4. Identify the differences between these AR targeted oral agents and to educate patients about side effects and toxicities.
5. Describe the latest phase III randomized control trial (RCT) results for new therapies in M1 CRPC.