AUAUniversity Podcast Series: Episode No. 152
Should I Order a PET Scan? Integrating Molecular Imaging Into Urologic Oncology Clinical Practice
CME Available: auau.auanet.org/node/36003
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Analyze the best available evidence on the current diagnostic imaging options for prostate, kidney and urothelial cancer detection, staging and follow-up.
2. Determine the benefits of combined functional and anatomical information gained through accurate matching of anatomical (CT/MRI) and functional (PET) images.
3. Debate the strengths and limitations of emerging molecular imaging techniques compared to existing diagnostic tests.
4. Utilize performance characteristics of standard and emerging molecular imaging modalities to stage urologic oncology patients.
5. Describe the emerging role of PET imaging and novel radiotracers to assess chemotherapy and immunotherapy response.