AUAUniversity Podcast Series: Episode No. 144
Global Advancements in Prostate Cancer: Best Practices in Hormonal Therapy
CME Available: auau.auanet.org/node/35401
After participating in this educational series, participants will be able to:
1. List advanced prostate cancer disease states (mHSPC); M0 CRPC and M1 CRPC) and be able to identify these patients in urologic practice.
2. Identify available approved therapies and outcomes for each of these disease states: MHSPC, M0 CRPC, M1 CRPC.
3. Demonstrate the appropriate indications, unique mechanisms of action and side effects of new and existing androgen axis agents, immunotherapies, chemotherapeutic agents and bone targeted therapies.
4. Explain the sequencing of available therapies, as well as identifying adverse events that might occur when considering combination therapy.
5. Review the evidence and outcomes on androgen deprivation treatment alone and in combination as outlined in the newly released Advanced Prostate Cancer: AUA/ASTRO/SUO Guideline.
Support provided by independent educational grants from:
Janssen Biotech, Inc., administered by Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC