AUAUniversity Podcast Series: Episode No. 14
AUA2019 048IC Novel Agents & Concepts In The Management Of Hormone Naïve & CRPC
Support provided by independent educational grants from AbbVie, Amgen, Astellas, AstraZeneca, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Genomic Health, Genentech, Merck, Pfizer, Inc. and Sanofi Genzyme
This course will include short didactic lectures followed by case presentations to give attendees an understanding of the many new FDA-approved agents, as well as existing standard therapies, for advanced prostate cancer-both non-metastatic and metastatic CRPC. Particular attention will be devoted to sequencing the new agents and positioning them as compared to older existing therapies. The cost effectiveness of new and existing agents will also be addressed.
- Diagnose both non-metastatic and metastatic castrate resistant prostate cancer (nmCRPC, mCRPC) and have a working knowledge of treatments and the proper order for administration.
- Manage nm and mCRPC with systemic agents by learning the proper candidates for treatment and be able to counsel patients on the pros and cons of therapy.
- Analyze the mechanism of action and risks/benefits of using systemic agents in the treatment of nm/mCRPC.
- Describe the bone-targeted, radiopharmaceutical agent and its sequencing.
- Review the newer generation antiandrogen agents and their use in nmCRPC and in mCRPC.