AUAUniversity Podcast Series: Episode No. 112
Improving Racial Disparities in Treatment Outcomes Podcast
Support provided by independent educational grants from Astellas, Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals Inc., Genentech, Janssen Biotech, Inc., administered by Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC., Merck and Pfizer, Inc.
CME Available: auau.auanet.org/node/31819
At the conclusion of this educational series, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the impact of SDM on patients and on patient-clinician communication.
- Identify at least one implementation strategy for using SDM in clinical practice.
- Apply SDM techniques in a role-playing exercise with other colleagues.
- Incorporate culturally sensitive communications to ensure quality SDM and reduce biases.
- Utilize the knowledge and experience they have gained through role-play into their routine practice-counseling patients.
Host: Jay Raman, MD, FACS
Co-hosts: Kelvin Moses, MD, PHD
Willie Underwood, MD,FACS,MPH,MSc