AUAUniversity Podcast Series: Episode No. 107
Genomic Testing in Prostate Cancer
This podcast was funded by and developed in collaboration with AstraZeneca.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Identify the role of genomic testing in men with different stages of prostate cancer.
- Recognize the need for collaboration with genetic counselors for optimal genetic evaluation tailored to an individual prostate cancer patient.
- Explain the criteria for genomic testing of prostate cancer patients across the disease spectrum, current NCCN testing guidelines, difference between germline and somatic testing, different testing modalities currently available gene panels, options for testing these men, and appropriate timing for testing.
- Interpret the results of genomic testing, implications for shared‐decision with patients based on the test results, and impact on novel therapies and personalized treatment for prostate cancer care.
- Apply best practices and lessons learned for operationalizing testing and testing workflows in urology practices.
Host: Victor Nitti, MD
Co-Host: Stephen Freedland, MD