AUAUniversity Podcast Series: Episode No. 106
Insight into Race, SDM and the Impact on Access to Quality Care Podcast
Support provided by independent educational grants from Astellas, Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals Inc., Genentech, Janssen Biotech, Inc., administered by Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC., Merck and Pfizer, Inc.
At the conclusion of this educational series, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the impact of SDM on patients and on patient-clinician communication.
- Identify at least one implementation strategy for using SDM in clinical practice.
- Apply SDM techniques in a role-playing exercise with other colleagues.
- Incorporate culturally sensitive communications to ensure quality SDM and reduce biases.
- Utilize the knowledge and experience they have gained through role-play into their routine practice-counseling patients.
Host: Jay Raman, MD, FACS
Co-hosts: Willie Underwood, MD,FACS,MPH,MSc
Randy Vince, MD