AUAUniversity Podcast Series: Episode No. 103
AUA2021 Kick Off Weekend: Contemporary Pharmacotherapy for OAB 2021
Support provided by independent educational grants from AbbVie, Astellas, Medtronic, Urovant Sciences, Inc.
At the conclusion of the activity, participants will be able to:
- Define the similarities and differences between the various oral pharmacotherapies for overactive bladder (OAB).
- Review the principles of physiology and pharmacotherapy for currently available agents, including the anti-muscarinics and beta-3 agonists and combination therapy.
- Express the importance of setting proper patient expectations regarding treatment of OAB and the potential need for sequential and even additive therapies.
- Analyze the clinical (and theoretical) advantages and limitations of currently available agents.
- Discuss potential future pharmacological pathways and therapies for OAB.
Course Director: Eric Rovner, MD
Faculty: Christopher Chapple, MD
Alan Wein, MD